Thursday, March 3, 2011

Gosh, I Love Target

My students use individual white boards fairly often during my math lessons. It's always a pain to pass out a tissue (for erasing purposes) to each student, each class period (not to mention a waste of tissue!). I know I'm not the first to come up with this idea, but while on my weekly Target run (borderline addiction) I had an idea! I've been wanting a classroom set of cute little fabric squares (with frogs, of course!). It hit me when I got to the bathroom decor section--why not use wash rags, which come in fun prints and colors?!? So that's what I did:

(Please excuse my poor quality iPhone photo)

I bought 24 wash rags, more than enough! I splurged on the middle set--I figured I could have at least one super cute set of wash rags :) The green and blue sets were $2 each! I used them for my after-school tutoring group today. The kids were very excited to break them in for me. Money well spent. :D

6 comments:

  1. I love this idea. I've tried clean socks, scraps of felt, and tissue. I'll be heading to Target soon. Thanks for sharing.

    Lorena

    www.littlelearnersinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also cut up a jersey sheet. Yours are much nice though :-)

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use wash rags, too. I actually got a set at Walmart that had BOLD colors of blue, green, and pink. I paid $5.00 for 20. Saves a lot of tissue, I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your site!! I am new to blogging and was wondering if you would kindly follow me!!

    http://smilescrayonsandendlessstories.blogspot.com/

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking through your blog and found this topic. I saw a post about whiteboards and they had a tip. Drill a hole in the corner of your whiteboards and use a book ring to attach your sock or washcloth to the board. If you use a sock then the dry erase marker can go inside the sock. When they get yucky you can have the kids help you take them apart and put them in a "laundry" basket so you can wash them and return them. Students can help you put them back.
    *btw- A fellow coworker teaches math and ducktaped whiteboards to her student tables. If you want to see more about it, go to my blog and look for whiteboards post.

    Just a thought
    Primary Connections

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, I love your blog. It's so cute! I do a frog theme too..in fact my past students still see me everyday at school and say "Hi Ms. Frog"..and giggle!! I hang frog pinata's from my ceiling and made the cutest pink, blue, and green frog curtains. I will be posting pics of my new classroom soon! I'm switching classrooms and making a few changes this year. Love the transformation hands on activity...I will have to share that idea with the 3rd grade teacher at my school..I may use it in 2nd grade for Flip,Turn,Slides...Yay an thanks! I am doing a $50.00 Lakeshore giftcard and $25 Target card...come check out my blog and enter to win! Your blog is adorable!
    Erica
    http://erica-elementaryexcitement.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete