Friday, March 22, 2013

Class Easter Baskets On a Budget!

If you're like me, you spend trillions (yes, trillions) of dollars on your classroom each year! I don't mind spending money for my kids' benefit (though it would be ideal not to have to spend my own money!) but I do like being able to spend less when I can, especially for something we do not use for very long. Also, I am not a minimalist, but I do believe in having and storing as little as possible! I don't buy certain things for my classroom simply because I don't want to store it!! No pumpkins or Easter baskets for this girl!! Next week, we will be using Easter baskets and eggs for math manipulatives and I almost hyperventilated at the idea of having to buy Easter tubs or buckets or whatever for all of my students to use AND THEN store for the next twelve months!! Also, I wanted each of my 22 students to have enough eggs to work some of the problems we will have (with sums going up to 18). Ain't no way I'm buying that many baskets and eggs! My solution??:


Easter egg cups and pom poms!! The cups were 4 for 97 cents at Wal-Mart and the pom poms were around $3.00 for about 100 of them! Now I have enough baskets and eggs for all of the kids AND I can store them easily! Winning!!


Use the bigger ones for a more eggy look.




What do you think??? How do you feel about storing things?

Also, don't forget to check out my writing post from yesterday! I explain how writing is set up in my 1st grade classroom.



I have a writing pack giveaway going on it right now that I am actually extending until tomorrow. Here is what is at stake:










Check it out by clicking here! Have a fun Friday night!!! 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your Easter baskets and eggs on a budget! That is a great idea. I try to store way too many things and then it drives me crazy. I am definitely going to slim things down for next year.

    Thanks for sharing this great idea! :)

    Rachel
    A-B-Seymour

    ReplyDelete